Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Collateral Damage

Gaza and the shooting of Halatau Naitoko are both tragic. We could all spare a thought for those oveseas who won't see the same level of review and accountability that will drag on here.








I'm still wading through Robert Fisk's 'The Great War for Civilisation: The conquest of for the middle east' geez I thought War and Peace was a mission when I bowled that at 12.

My dad is reading Paradise Lost , about Smyrna so we were able to swap "I didn't know that"s about the Armenian Genocide. Fun huh?

With Obama being elected the role of collateral damage, torture and inhumanity are again under the spotlight. A colleague, an officer in the NZA, says he thinks it is acceptable in some circumstances to kill innocents including children to get your target. Author Sam Harris makes the point that liberal dogma when you're facing a 'death cult' is a problem.

We are bloody lucky to live here and maybe life sometimes just is tragic.

No comments: