Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Safety At Sea

Mr Responsible me.
Having taken the kids - mine and others - swimming an average of twice a day over 4 weeks from Christmas, none of it between the flags and having read Oswald's 30.12.08 post I decided I'd better invest in some safety gear to supplement my old faithful...

with one of these ...


Only problem is that on my second trip out in the kayak after New Year a small wave got me and the thing locked on Ch 16 transmitting! Luckily I had the waterproofed cellphone, new flares (not having grabbed the wrong bucket) and the goggles so no worries.

I've been trying to talk the real boss into a paddle to no avail. It didn't help when an old varsity friend from overseas popped around and mentioned his experience of my outdoor supervisory and coaching method:
"He took me to the top and said follow me!"

No drownings my end of the Pacific though.

No comments: