Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Converting Muslims


I ain't no Catholic but I did wonder what was behind the high profile conversion by the Pope of one of Italy's most famous and controversial journalists over Easter. Especially so him, Magdi Allam, being 'one of Italy's best-known intellectuals' and a fierce critic of Islamic extremism and a strong supporter of Israel.
For sure this would have driven the fanatics batty.
And today more fuel to the fire 'Islam has overtaken Roman Catholicism as the biggest single religious denomination in the world, the Vatican said yesterday'.
Q how many Indians and Chinese are Moslem? Doesn't look like Norinco will be going broke anytime soon.
Just as humerous was the notice claiming to be from a Pakistani Mosque , a lot like those preprinted 'My ancestry' certificates you see around, that I saw last week claiming to have been sent by the father of a guy here in NZ who is also converting to Christianity. Quotes included and "You are no longer my scion" and "If you return you will be slaughtered".
Maybe a con to stay here but call me gullible, so easily verifiable I doubt it.

No comments: