Sunday, 24 August 2008

Animal Welfare

Have you seen the AA advert where the driver swerves when the bunny hops onto the Desert Road?

I had a similar moment on the way to dinner Friday night.
L just had time to "Whoa!" as I held my line with the inevitable result the little guy/gal jinked the wrong way.
Bummer for Bunny.
"What was that?" says the newly 8 yr old, to which we were entertained by a childhood tale about a greyhound owning relative who used to pick up roadkill for his dogs on the way home from races and throw them in the trailer as a treat. "She gets it" I think to myself.
But then on the same road on the way home from soccer next day this Paris/Nikki dog runs out in front.
"Look out!".
I don't swerve or brake. The mutt trots across the centre line and looks at us.
"You wouldn't have!"
"This isn't an ad".

There is common ground on some dogs.

No comments: