Monday, 3 August 2009

Nearly missed out on Green Day

Darn. No luck on Ticketmaster.co.nz.
Last week none of the 6 seating options accepted my attempt at 2 tickets - then another Green Day ad for the concert came on TV last night so I tried again. Nada.
Phoned up and "Yes there are still seats on the 18th. You can get them through Ticketmaster.co.nz or through me". Done deal.

Looking at some of their live stuff on Utube they will be awesome concerts.

Good Riddance - Time of your life
Billie Joe Armstrong in an interview in Guitar Legends magazine, May 2005:
“ "At the time I wrote Good Riddance, I was breaking up with a girl that was moving to Ecuador, and I was trying to be as understanding about it as I could. I wrote the song as kind of a bon voyage. I was trying not to be bitter, but I think it came out a little bit bitter anyway... I thought that calling the song "Time of Your Life" was just a little too level-headed for me, so I had to come up with something different"


L $ her sis and niece are going to BEP's and I'm not sure I want to see ACDC again, although they were bloody good in 1992.
Decisions, decisions.

No comments: