Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Police Concert at Western Springs

Classic venue ruined by the seating arrangements. No wonder Sting said "Whats the matter Auckland?" and some zombie said "Sit down! I didn't pay $350 to watch you standing in front of me" (no I didn't hear this one). The pricing policy of $$$ = SIT up front means plenty of people who want to dance have to get into it miles from the stage where there is no vibe going.

I hope the promoters reconsider and allow at least some of the 'general admission' access near the stage. True the old days of pushing and shoving against huge gang members weren't that great either but I fondly recall following Cindy barging up to the front at Tina Turner back in the days she remembered what weed is. Since when are dance floors at the opposite end of the hall from the band? Moronic. I'd have to say this was the straitest crowd I've ever seen at a concert and had a laugh picturing the gang bangers buying their Police T Shirt and answering mum's/the local Sgt at Arm's "Where have you been ?" with " At the Police Concert. It was Awesome !" Kind of cuts out a chunk of potential audience right away.

RE Samsara's "Only Gripe was they did not have enough bathrooms and the line was literally 200m at one point". As with the Stones I was once again pleased to see one or two guys among the v. long ladies que for the gents sit downs and pleasantly assured by pervy hand washers that the sight was "Nothing we haven't seen before". No problem with the bar closing at 8.30 except I missed Fergie doing Black Dog while in the JD que.

No comments: