Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Texas Hold'em and Last Card

Great games for the whole family.


Niece (6) of H1 and my #3 (7) whipped 4 others, me included, one recent evening. Awesome to watch their shocking table talking and upping the ante at every opportunity. Very intimidating when you've got squat in the way of cards or chips. Increasing minimum bets and going 'all in' cleans out the losers and bluffers real fast.

Have been challenged to 'first to 3 wins' Last Card every day for two weeks by #3 who has whipped me 3 zip on occasions, I maintain there are winning techniques which I'm trying to hone with each series, like using an ace to change suit if opposition is Last Card (rather than using a card, cutting odds they have same card diff suit) and laying down the 2 or 5 asap and holding another out card to bluff having 2. The kids also get into Cheat LC which I can't get off on having read Edward's bio on Helen, whose dad was strongly anti it. Just joking, saying 'X of hearts' 5 times in a row is pretty cool.

No comments: